RECIPE INGREDIENT LISTING
- 1 1/3 cups (320g) mashed very ripe banana (about 4 medium or 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons (15g) ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Yoso oat yogurt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (60g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (50 g) rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g) organic all-purpose flour
- Garnished with crushed dried bananas, chopped walnuts, coconut flakes and made good plant based chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In the Vitamix blender (or a high powered blender on the lowest speed ) mix the mashed banana, ground flax, yoso creamy coconut, melted oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until evenly distributed.
- Add the dry ingredients (sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour) into the wet mixture, one by one, in the order listed on the lowest speed. Stop once evenly distributed.
- Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add the garnished toppings and gently press them into the dough.
- Bake the loaf, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes, until lightly golden and firm on top.
- Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- Slice the loaf once cooled. I enjoy spreading some vegan butter on it. The loaf will keep in the fridge tightly wrapped for 3 to 4 days, or it can be frozen for 4 to 6 weeks.